CryoSat is ESA’s (European Space Agency) first ice mission. Launched in April 2010, it provides multi-year elevation data at latitudes never reached before by a satellite altimeter. The satellite has sophisticated technologies to determine variations in the thickness of polar sea ice to monitor changes in the vast ice sheets that overlie Greenland and Antarctica.
This application is a gateway to knowing what the ESA mission is about, how it works and what the elements of the space and ground segment that makes this mission unique are.
It includes also a dedicated section that allows one to discover and visualize real ESA CryoSat measurements over our planet: a remarkable tool for students and scientists engaged in using CryoSat products or interested in satellite engineering.
- Description of the ESA CryoSat mission: space and ground segment
- Large selection of photos and videos on a wide range of topics related to CryoSat
- Latest mission operations news
- Striking CryoSat 3D model with explanations of the different platform and payload elements
- World map with orbit position of the ESA satellite
- Satellite visibility over selected ground stations and local position
- Automatic update of the CryoSat orbit
- Impressive visualization of real Cryosat measurements over the Earth with vertical profiles and easy geographical localization
- Access to several geophysical parameters measured by the satellite
… and much more
In the 3D environment:
- swipe/pinch to rotate/zoom the scene or the satellite model
- triple touch to reset position
ESA cryosat is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-05-04. The program can be installed on Android.
ESA cryosat (version 2.00) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.